Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Quick birthday post!



My birthday was good. Weather was beautiful so me and my roommate Becca headed down to the beach to relax under the sun and on the sand. Its been so nice and warm, and I have been getting quite the tan. But yes mami, I have been remembering to put on sunscreen. (Most of the time).

My birthday party was amazing though and that is why I think it was my best birthday ever (20!!). I got flowers, a dinner, an H&M gift card (I seriously buy something every week from them) and a really beautiful necklace.

It was a small party, only 7 of us, but it was basically perfect. A few of my Russian friends offered to host it at their house which was great. I, my roommate Becca, some Russian friends, a Venezuelan (who I met through the Russians), and another Russian friend who did not know anyone other then me, were there.

Jesus, the Venezuelan, made us dinner, chicken and rice with a blue cheese sauce. It was soooooo good. He also made fried bananas topped with cheese. That may sound a bit crazy, but its really good even though it is usually made with plantains which are impossible to find in St Petersburg.

My party mostly consisted of just sitting around, listening to music and talking. Three languages were spoken, and they constantly intermingled into one Span-Russ-Glish language. Loads of fun. We debated leaving the house to go dancing, but it seemed like so much work that we did not end up going anywhere.

Danced a bit around the living room though, which was really silly and fun. There are some pretty bad action shots of our tango, so doubt that I will post them on here. Hope that your summer has been going well! As you can see, mine definitely has.

Lots of love from St Petersburg. Only three weeks left!

Birthday Flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment